Our Care Guide
A few golden rules to follow after purchasing an item from Bobbies:
- Try on your shoes while standing on a mat to avoid getting any marks on the soles in case you need to return them.
- Don't crush the back of your shoes when you put them on, as this can damage them. It is better to use a shoehorn.
- If your shoes have a leather tab at the back, don't pull on it since it is only decorative. To put on your shoes, use both hands to grasp the leather on either side of the leather tab.
- Some of our leather soles are protected by a plastic film that you should remove before wearing them, unless you want to return them.
- For models with leather soles that do not have an integrated rubber pad, we recommend that you have one fitted by a cobbler.
- Avoid wearing the same shoes two days in a row, so any moisture in them can evaporate.
- Place shoe trees inside your shoes to help keep their shape over time.
- If your shoes have been caught in the rain, place tissue paper inside them (not newspaper, since the ink might rub off) and leave them to dry away from any source of heat.
- Take care of your shoes regularly with Bobbies care products or those recommended by your shoemaker. Some products sold on the market may contain components that can stain or damage the leather, so choose them carefully.
- Keep your bags and other leather goods away from light to prevent the leather from fading.
- When storing your bag, hang it on a hanger or stuff it with padding to better preserve its original shape.
- If your bag has been caught in the rain, place tissue paper inside and let it dry away from any source of heat.
- Protect and care for your leather goods regularly with Bobbies care products or those recommended by your shoemaker. Some products sold on the market may contain components that can stain or damage leather, so choose them carefully.
Our care advices for ...
Smooth & Grained Leather
Smooth & Grained Leather
DUSTING IT OFF
Dust your item briskly with a Horsehair Brush.
To care for your shoes, remove the laces.
If your leather is very dirty, we recommend using a Cleansing Milk to clean the leather in-depth. Shake the bottle and apply a small amount of milk to the leather. Using a chamois cloth, massage the milk into the leather using circular movements, then let it dry for 15 minutes.
WARNING: This milk is highly abrasive and not suitable for all leathers. Always test a small area of leather first. For shaded leathers (with a patina or pull-up leather), it is imperative not to use cleansing milk since it will remove all the shading from the leather.
FOR SHOES: WAXING
Preferably use a shoe polish in the same color as the leather or, if you can’t find one that matches, a colorless polish. Using shoe polish waterproofs and revives the leather’s radiance. Apply in circular movements using a chamois cloth, then let it dry for 15 minutes. Then use a Horsehair Brush to give the leather luster and shine.
FOR LEATHER GOODS: APPLY A BALM
Apply Leather Balm with a chamois cloth to nourish, waterproof and give the leather back its radiance. This will keep your leathergoods looking their best for a longer amount of time.